>>> Views from the Top <<<

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Freeway fear

Yesterday I finally made it to Los Angeles. However when the plane flew over the city I got scared by the size of it. It is massive!!! Than all of those scenes from all of those movies about all of those murders, guns, shootings, Crash! and so on came to my mind. I had to find my way thru the maze of freeways!!!

Got to the car rentar company and the attendant was so nice he gave me an upgrade. Instead of a small sized car he gave me a super sized one, a Chrysler very well fit to middle aged American men. So there I was, lost in Los Angeles, with a huge car quite bulky to drive. Than the battery on my cellphone went dead. Nobody to call for help. So I decided to take the San Diego freeway to try to get as close to San Diego as I could.

Massive traffic. Sheik Zayed Road in Dubai is nothing compared to the Freeways in California. Plus, I was tired, hungry, scared and did not know what to do nor where to go. Oh, my credit card was maxed out so it was useless.

Somewhere in Orange County I managed to get off the Freeway to get something to eat. Kept on going until I was dead tired and found a motel in San Clemente, close to Laguna Beach. Today I managed to get to my friends house in San Diego. Will stay here until tomorrow afternoon. Than make my way back to LA. At least now I am more used to my super sized car and to the traffic on the freeways.

1 Comments:

  • quando voce chega a SP?
    please, chegue antes do dia 09, porque viajo de madrugada para o Peru e para outros cantos e só volto pro Brasil no dia 23.
    beijo
    Ale

    By Blogger moi, je suis...bizarre, at 01 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home