>>> Views from the Top <<<

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Brazil, the broccoliland

Brazil looks like a giant broccoli country from far above. It was amazing to realise how green and full of forests this country really is. All the way from Sao Paulo to Curitiba all I could see was Broccoli (this is how the trees look from the plane).

I arrived safely in Curitiba after a long long long journey from Sheik Zayed Road. It took me over 1 hour to check in in Dubai because off my excess luggage. I had 86 kilos. Could carry only 46. The main problem was to have all of the 3 suitcases weighting less than 32 kilos each, the limit. So I spent the entire morning shifting stuff from one suitcase to the other. But at the end it all worked out fine and I did not have to pay as much excess luggage as I thought.

The big surprise was to find Carla, a Brazilian friend who works for Emirates, in the same flight. We sat together and drank a lot of Champagne from Business Class all the way from Dubai to Paris. From Paris to Sao Paulo the flight was overbooked and we did not manage to impress the Air France crew as to get an upgrade. All seats were taken and I came squashed on a window seat.

Everybody in Brazil kept telling me to be prepared to wait for hours at the airport in Sao Paulo since there have been major problems with the air traffic controllers after the Gol Airline crash last month. The average delays are around 10 hours. I arrived in Sao Paulo at 8 am and had a connection to Curitiba booked for 16:30 so was not really stressed. When I checked in the TAM counter they rushed me to the aircraft which was leaving in 30 minutes and arrived in Curitiba for lunch. My brother was at the airport waiting for me!!!

I really dont know how to explain my feelings today. Guess with all the lack of sleep and jet lag things get a bit confusing. Moreover I tried to sleep but couldnt so I managed to unpack those 86 kilos, drive to the mall to get a new SIM card and visit a friend. By the way, my new mobile number is +55 41 9861 7551.

On Monday I am off to California. Will now get some sleep and tomorrow will try to explain how I feel...

5 Comments:

  • I am glad to know you arrived home safely.
    I will call you today or tomorrow. Cannot wait to see you!

    Paola

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17 November, 2006  

  • Welcome back...well, not for long though ;-)
    Vou tentar te mandar um sms pra ver se funciona.

    By Blogger Alan, at 17 November, 2006  

  • Viiiii... já tentei ligar no teu celular mas diz não existir! O que acontece??? Amanhã nossos pais chegam de viagem, vamos todos busca-los no aeroporto, pelo menos assim consigo ficar 15 minutos com vc! Beijo Ni

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17 November, 2006  

  • vicente i love u

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19 November, 2006  

  • Arf... You should a GPS so we can keep track of you :)

    Glad you arrived safely in Brocoli Land.

    Enjoy your trip to California.. some us have to fly to Garden City for a long layover ;) NOT!

    Hugs

    Mallo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home