>>> Views from the Top <<<

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Living la vida

Two days ago I was on a small canoe going up the Mekong to visit some caves filled with Buddah statues. Two hours up river, me with my iPod, pretending I was on Apocalypse Now (well, the river was the same) waiting for some Vietcongs to start shooting... Than I stopped in a poor village so the boat skipper could see his relatives. I decided to buy a can of coke and mix some of the Jack Daniels I had with me. Needless to say that as thirsty as I was and with an empty stomach I got quite typsy and it freed me to go on a shopping spree along the village. I normally dont buy handicrafts because I hate carrying them, I have nowhere to put them at home and I am quite stingy. But after my drink I bought silk carpets, silver stuff, wooden boxes, etc. I was great! And I dont even know how much I paid for all of that as I cant really recall the bargaining process...

And here I am today in the centre of Bangkok, once again! I simply LOVE this city! However the hot season has started and it feels really HOT and sticky! And yesterday was a great day! As soon as I arrived and took the taxi downtown my phone rings. It is a friend from Manila, who is here in Bangkok on a business assignment for his advertising agency. Needless to say that it is also Bangkok Fashion Week so he found me on the internet and called. I was on the taxi, on the expressway into the city and we agreed to go for drinks in the evening! Tonight I am seeing Thai friends from Switzerland times... Great to be here!

Tomorrow though it is time to fly back to the desert!

3 Comments:

  • Pelo jeito as férias estão melhorando...rs.
    Beijos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19 March, 2006  

  • Foi na Scandinavian Bakery?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 March, 2006  

  • hey, that's me you just described! I'm really part of your journal now! -- O

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 24 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home