>>> Views from the Top <<<

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oakland or Auckland?

To fully understand how a passenger really felt after 24 hours in the same seat and after 5 airplane meals and 3 change of crews I set myself on the DUBAI-AUCKLAND flight, via Singapore and Brisbane. Not a funny undertaking!!!

As crew I get to stop along the way and adjust slowly to the time changes. I also get to exercise a lot during the flight and time goes by much faster. However yesterday but the time I reached Australia I felt like staying put. Or better, I wanted to be in bed, at home, only that it was all the way back, by plane!!!

Now I also understand why so many passengers faint during the flight. Before leaving Dubai I felt like going to the toilet but had no time and to think of seating in an aircraft toilet for number 2 was inconceivable! So I held tight! There was a point I could not breath and once the plane started shaking and shaking from Brisbane to Auckland (after 20 hours of light cramps) I felt short of breath and really wanted to faint. Thank god that once in the youth hostel I managed to secure a private room with my very own toilet and shower! By the way, I stay at the youth hostel to feel young!!!

So here I am in Auckland. First time on my own and it feels great. When I come here for work there is always the feeling that soon I have to leave, that I need to sleep and rest for the flight back to Melbourne and so on. However now I can do whatever, drink at any time, stay awake reading a good book and best of all, explore the city without being tired to the bones.

Today I have a full day here. Will try to see all the places I have not yet been to (and always wanted to go). Tomorrow I fly out to ... (another surprise) as I cant stay put for too long! Unless today I meet a nice group of people in the hostel and decide to join them on a tour around NZ! Who knows... but knowing me and my 'advanced' socializing skills it is very possible that I will not talk to anybody during the day!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home