>>> Views from the Top <<<

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Contrasts and Contraditions

After a few days in a so called Paradise in Polynesia, I am back to the real world! And it could not get any more real than Hong Kong! After shaking for 11 hours on a Cathay Pacific flight from Auckland I managed to land safely and get to a nice hotel in Hong Kong Island.

It made me think: Rotorua is an island in the Pacific. Hong Kong as well. But there is such a huge difference between the two islands! Rotorua has 1.000 people at most and to go around the island you drive a mere 32km circle. I stayed at a Backpackers Hostel (hate it, hate it, hate it) and it was quite a noisy place as the window had to remain open all night long due to the heat. I woke up every day with rain showers and the cock-a-doodle-doo once the sun came up! As there was nothing to do (for my taste) I was forced to stay at the beach all day long, listening to music, swimming in clear blue waters and thinking about life. It was nice but I am glad it is over as my mind was starting to drive me INSANE!!! And I needed a real coffee!!!

So now I am in an overpopulated island in China and the weirdest of the feelings is to be closer to home. No matter how westernized New Zealand is, it is still a very long way from anywhere! At least from Hong Kong I can go to Dubai by bus if necessary! :-)

Promise to write more tomorrow. Internet if free here at the hotel and I really need some sleep because going forwards and backwards on the time zones has made me just too confused!

4 Comments:

  • Oi Vi, espero que esteja aproveitando as suas férias!!!
    Mas eu fiquei pasma, quando li que estava cansado e precisa dormir pois estava confuso!!!!!! Primo amado, aidade pesa...........rs
    Beijos, te amo....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12 March, 2006  

  • Eu acho que eu teria ficado mais uns dias na Polinésia...he he he
    Eu voltei hoje de Budapeste e adorei a cidade!!
    Mando mais notícias depois.
    Um abraço.

    By Blogger Alan, at 12 March, 2006  

  • Enjoy Hg Kg ! Raul

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 March, 2006  

  • vc terminou o livro? Ale

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home