>>> Views from the Top <<<

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter in New York (or almost)

I can say I almost spent Easter in New York! I was there on Wednesday and Thursday, on the build up for Easter Weekend! I even met Easter Bunny in Central Park! After many months with New York-withdrawal syndrome, Emirates finally sent me again to the Big Apple. This time no Garden City bullshit. It was the real thing: Manhattan.

As life cannot be perfect I was terribly jet lagged. Managed to enjoy Central Park in the morning for a long walk. But being a holiday, combined with Spring Break, the hotel had around 450 young adults from the Midwest, coming to New York in a large group for the first time! Of course I got a room in the same corridor, where doors where constantly bangging, people chatting, mobile phones ringging and myself going crazy inside the room! I felt like running naked in the corridor to scare them but since it looked like most of them were quite religious I decided to be polite and ask them to shut up with an Arabic accent, just to scare them off!!!

Back in Dubai I could not fall asleep so a friend passed by and drove me to the beach for a long walk. It felt nice to wake up in Manhattan and go for a walk on the shores of the Persian Gulf before going to bed.

Over here I have been keeping myself busy meeting new friends and visiting the old ones. Felipe and 6 other people are leaving for India tonight and they are all here at home preparing their bags, travel guides and so on. Feels great (maybe I should have gone with them).

I have 3 more days of reserve. Feels like they will send me to Europe on Monday. Once back I have a trip to Seychelles, than Frankfurt, than Manchester, than Mauritius. Will also try to squeeze Yemen in now that I have the visa!

3 Comments:

  • Vi New York que saudades!temos que nos encontrar de novo,sua vida ten que virar um livro please love Ale

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15 April, 2006  

  • Finalmente o visto para o Yemen saiu...
    Feliz Pascoa!

    By Blogger Alan, at 16 April, 2006  

  • Vi, Feliz Páscoa!!
    Beijos, Cá

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home