>>> Views from the Top <<<

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Al Shamil

Al Shamil is the Arabic word for Sand Storm. Today Dubai is under one of those. I woke up with a strange noise coming from the window. Once I had a peek outside I noticed pieces of paper flying around and, of course, lots of sand.

Than I decided to walk to Starbucks to get a Skinny Double Tall Latte in order to set my brain in motion. Left home on my shorts, T-Shirt and flip flops and once outside was met by this massive wind with sand. In less than 2 seconds there was sand in my eyes, ears, between my fingers and toes and my legs hurt by the grains of sand hitting the skin at high speed. The sky was brown. I am glad I am not flying today and can stay at home.

Funny enough, Al Shamil is how the high speed internet connection is also called here. Instead of 'turbo' or 'banda hancha' the data is transferred to the computer at a sand storm's speed! Think of that!!!

1 Comments:

  • Quite a different weather around Europe. Just uploaded some pics from this morning in my blog...come on, get out of bed and come here ;)
    See you, have a nice weekend.

    By Blogger Alan, at 08 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home