>>> Views from the Top <<<

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Trying to run away from Christmas!!!

For a few weeks I have been trying to run away from Christmas but all my efforts have proven useless. Christmas is everywhere!!! Even in the middle of the Muslim world there are trees, decorations, adverts and so on. You walk into a mall and Christmas carols bang out of the speakers, penguins ice skate around blue trees with twinkling lights.

Even in Sri Lanka, at the hotel, half of the lobby is covered in snow (well, poor snow made out of cotton balls) and there is an ‘ice’ castle right in the middle of the lobby. Also no matter where you are at the hotel, be it the Thai restaurant, the gym or the elevators you can listen to Christmas carols sung by Donald Duck’s nephews! Crazy!!!

What I don’t like about this time of the year is that everybody seems to be together with family and friends or at the beach and over here, at the northern hemisphere it is winter, the sun sets early, the light is pale, introspective, makes you think too much. At least everything is working as usual in Dubai as there is no reason for it to be a holiday. I am also flying to Colombo AGAIN tomorrow.

At the same time that Christmas and New Year’s is around I also suffer from ‘astrological inferno’ as my birthday is not far away. So the head is spinning like an LP record, 78rpm…

But well, such is life. At least I know that somewhere out there I have a wonderful BIG family and LOTS of friends who love me, even if I am far away most of the time! I love you all and hope to spend some quality time with you in 2006!!! God knows where I will be a year from now!

Merry Christmas!!! Ho ho ho…

Will write again before the end of the year to talk about New Year’s Resolutions and my schedule for January!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home