>>> Views from the Top <<<

Friday, October 22, 2004

Ramadan Mubarak

It is Ramadan in the Muslim world. This means that for a whole month, until November 15th, it is not allowed to smoke, drink and eat in public during the day. Dancing and listening to music is also frowned upon. Life becomes very quiet in Dubai which is quite welcome. There is not much to do during the day as Starbucks in closed, Carrefour has different opening hours and so on. However once Iftar comes, which is the time the sun sets, everybody goes out to eat and drink and stay outside until 2 or 3 am. The weather also helps a lot for now it is cool at night and I even leave the windows open during the night.

For those who were wondering if I was getting depressed again I am gladly informing you that the blue fase has gone. I am no Picasso but because I had abused of flying in the last month I got in a blue state of mind which vanished as soon as I slept for 24 hours. It cant be healthy to be, in only one month, in cities such as Curitiba, Perth, Christchurch, Paris, Dubai, Sydney, Kyoto and Auckland. Not even working as cabin crew I am allowed to fly as many hours. So now I am taking it easy...

Now I am off until next month. I have a short flight to Khartoum in Sudan on the 26th but that is quick and easy so I dont count as real work. Moreover on the 28th I fly on holidays to New York City to meet Messrs Frare, Mrs Frare and Miss Silva. Will have a ball with the family in the big apple! And just hope to have a nice roster waiting for me for November!

And on November 6th there will be the celebrations of 1 year in Dubai!!!

Today I woke up at 5 am with the first call for prayers. Than had breakfast with Miquel, who left for Brisbane early in the morning. Now it is 8 am and will go to the gym. Afterwards to the beach to enjoy the beautiful weather! And the great life I have...