>>> Views from the Top <<<

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

DAR ES SALAAM

Had another one of those all night flights with early morning landing that will end up killing me. This time was Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) to Dubai. However I had a very nice stay there!

Since I was stuck at home the previous week watching all the Indian DVDs available and not being able to go out I was more than excited to be going to work again. Can you imagine how my brain was after watching 5 Bollywood movies and have Felipe listening to the soundtrack non-stop, plus all his Indian friends (which are very nice, by the way) were over all the time and he now has a book in English-Hindi to try to learn. Well, it can drive anyone crazy. So off I went to Tanzania!

The flight was a very usual flight but getting there is wonderful. The coast is so blue and we stay at the nicest hotel in town, brand new and cool. The money Emirates gave us, 107.000 Tanzanian Shillings was more than enough for drinks, room service and lots of shopping. For a change I went out with the crew and we had a really nice time buying local stuff. However I decided to play funny and wear an African mask that was for sale and got my neck and head all itchy! Still need to shower again to see if the thing goes away…

On the other hand, because I was still recovering from my ‘viral infection’ from the previous week (I still feel a bit ill) I had this urge to eat and ended up having French fries all the time. Also yesterday on the plane I had a small life crisis and ate up a whole box of Godiva chocolates! You know when you are struggling with yourself, trying to be healthy and avoid junk and end up stuffing you ass with chocolate!!! At least it was Godiva!

So here I am today, once again at home, with more African statues, baskets and stuff to carry home one day but great memories from a new country, Tanzania! Now it is time to get out of the room and go to the gym to burn out the Godiva, French fries and beer!

2 Comments:

  • Nada como ter que ficar em casa por uns dias para ter esse "urge" de voltar ao trabalho!
    As fotos ficaram bem legais.
    Abraços.

    By Blogger Alan, at 06 June, 2006  

  • Vi, gostei das fotos!!!
    Bjos, Cá

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home