>>> Views from the Top <<<

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Shit happens



a microcamera was attached to the Kleenex seconds before I sneezed!



the cruel kit! a bad book and medicines!


For those of you who were jealous I would be spending a whole day walking around Rome today, well, things did not go according to plan.

Yesterday I woke up feeling like shit. My nose was blocked during the night so I had to breathe through the mouth and it gave me a throat infection. At 7am I was outside the Swiss Pharmacy downstairs waiting for Mr Patel to open up shop and give me something soothing. He gave me the right medicine.

So last night I went to bed early. Had two glasses of lemon juice, took the medicine and had 7 hours to sleep before my dreamed flight. Well, the medicine was correct but it is a stimulant so I could not sleep at all. Plus the air conditioning in the whole building broke down and at 2 am it was hotter indoors than outside. This being Dubai it was 30º outside and around 35º inside. Impossible to fall asleep. At 3am I called Emirates saying I was too sick to fly to Rome.

But I could not sleep either. Decided to try to finish one of the most boring books I have ever read. Anna Karenina, by Tolstoy. I really dont know why I have to finish all the books which I start. This one was nice until half way but I have been struggling to finish it since last year! When Anna threw herself under the wheels of the train I thought it was over but it goes on and on.

I am in such a bad mood...sick, missed a great flight, reading a boring book, ac not working AAARGH!!!

3 Comments:

  • amigo querido
    a gente ta conectado ate nos 'feeling shit moments'. entra ai no MSN para eu conversar contigo e te contar umas novas pessimas... vou te falar....
    Ale
    (your friend in good and bad times)

    By Blogger moi, je suis...bizarre, at 31 May, 2006  

  • Vice, vc está pesteado...procure uma curandeira por aí....rs.
    Beijos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 May, 2006  

  • Cuidado !!! Vc esta com Ebola...aproveita para infectar o Mircea...rsrs

    Melhoras...Raul

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 01 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home