>>> Views from the Top <<<

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Unpacking, than packing again!

I just landed from New York City! Had a great time there once again. On Sunday I went up to the 'Top of the Rock' as the observatory at the Rockefeller Center is called. Amazing views!

On Monday I managed to take the Subway to Queens because I was convinced the views from there would make fantastic pictures! Big mistake! Now I know why some people never bother to leave Manhattan in an entire life. Brooklyn is still OK but Queens is awful!

As it was very early I decided to take a guided tour of the United Nations. What a nice surprise! A very interesting tour! I have been so many times to New York and never really bothered to check it out! Well, I recommend it! The funny thing is that on the tour there were quite a few Americans and they tend to think that America is always number 1. The guide said: Those are the flags of all the member countries in English alphabetical order. So guess which country is the first one? And they all said: America! America! The guide, in a very sarcastic way said: There is no such country. This one is called United States and the first one is Afghanistan. US is at the far end of the row, near United Kindgdom and Uruguay!

Also at the start of the visit we had to say where we were from. So: Brazil, Italy, France, Los Angeles, Ohio... What? Los Angeles? They are so fond of themselves!!!

Anyway, I visited the Security Council, the General Assembly Room and other areas. The building is a bit falling appart, quite like the UN itself. In bad need of a refurbishment!

Now I am at home. Have finished unpacking my New York suitcase and will soon start my Sweden-Germany one. Tomorrow morning I leave for London and Stockholm. Strange enough I just flew over England, about 10 hours ago! Sorry for the spelling mistakes but am falling asleep!!!

2 Comments:

  • I agree. At the MBA is the same thing - where are you from? Brazil, Greece, Spain, New York, California...anyway, will not comment much, otherwise I might get carried away!

    By Blogger Alan, at 10 May, 2006  

  • Nao tinha ninguen do Itaqui la?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home