>>> Views from the Top <<<

Saturday, August 27, 2005

In the middle of the night...

Dubai, middle of the night...
the phone rings and I pick it up, dreading because I know it is crew scheduling.

-Hello? I say
-Is this Vicente?
-Yeah? kind of not sure whether I want them to know it is really me
-We need you for a flight!
-Yeah? meaning, really? could you not have called somebody else?
-The flight leaves at 02:45 am and your pick up is in 30 minutes.
-Where to?
-Oh, sorry. Flight 404 to Singapore and Melbourne.
-Ok. Bye
-Bye.

Did not even have time to think too much. Packed quickly, showered and ran downstairs for my pick up. Was that the flight that stays only 18 hours in Melbourne?

Anyway, here I am in Singapore, getting ready to fly to Melbourne. After almost 24 hours awake, flying during the night, than sleeping for almost 20 hours I will fly to Melbourne, getting there at 1 am, spending the afternoon of Sunday in town and flying back to Singapore later, that same Sunday. At least I have Monday to go shopping in Singapore, before returing to Dubai. Land there on August 30th at 6 am and will hopefully have the 31st off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home