>>> Views from the Top <<<

Friday, February 25, 2005

Africa, the Oompaloompas and the next month

I just came back from Nairobi in Kenya and was not very impressed. The city is quite ugly and people say it is dangerous. I had a little walk around the city centre, near the hotel with a Brazilian friend and did not feel threatened but the issue is that there is nothing to see. I always wanted to go to Kenya and even swapped a flight to Mauritius for this one. Guess it is good to go there with time to go out and do a safari or visit the Masai Mara. Maybe next time, on holidays. However I stayed at the swimming pool, under an Equatorial sun and of course got severely sun burnt. Now half of my body, the parts where I was too lazy to put sun screen, look like shrimp and the rest is a mix of brown and white. Not a good sight. Will make sure not to take my clothes off in front of anyone until the whole body gets the same even color again (but with the lights off there is no problem).

As for the picture underneath, could nobody remember how an Oompaloompa looks like? Have you never been to Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory? I took that picture on my last trip to Munich. As I found a gold invitation on my Wonka Milk Chocolate Super Extra bar and was able to tour the factory with some other children. Was really impressed and wanted to swim in the chocolate river!

My schedule for March is out. Not really impressive but am working hard now to change some of my flights. As it stands now this is what I will be doing:

Mar 02: Dubai – Kuwait – Dubai
Mar 03: off
Mar 04: rest
Mar 05: Dubai – Paris
Mar 06: Paris – Dubai
Mar 07: off
Mar 08: off
Mar 09: rest
Mar 10: Dubai – Doha – Dubai
Mar 11: Dubai – Kuwait – Dubai
Mar 12: off
Mar 13: Dubai – Muscat – Dubai
Mar 14: rest
Mar 15: Dubai – Singapore
Mar 16: Singapore – Melbourne – Singapore
Mar 17: Singapore – Dubai
Mar 18 to Mar 26: off
Mar 27: Dubai – Mauritius
Mar 28: Mauritius – Dubai
Mar 29: off
Mar 30: Dubai – Zurich
Mar 31: Zurich – Dubai


Today I will stay at home, vegetating in the sofa, watching DVDs (Closer is the film I am dying to watch today) and reading my 3 books: A Fantástica Volta ao Mundo by Zeca Camargo (alright), Memorias de mis tristes putas by García Marquez (quite nice) and Anatomy of Restlessness by Bruce Chatwing (amazing). So now I have to stop because I am veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy tired.

I wish a good weekend for all of those friends who have normal lives and can call Saturday and Sunday a weekend!

By the way, did not take any pictures in Nairobi. Lack of inspiration and fear of having my camera stolen!

1 Comments:

  • Não nunca fui nem sabia que existia esta fabrica de chocolate mas deve ser um delicia vou me informar.
    Bjks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25 February, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home