>>> Views from the Top <<<

Saturday, July 03, 2004

July is back...

July is back! and with it the long summer days in Europe! How nice to have sunshine from early morning to late evening and be able to sit on a street café and see people walking by...

Over here in Dubai things are not quite like that. Summer for Middle Easterns means its time to run away before they all bake alive on the streets. So far temperatures are around the 40ºC during the day and going down to 30ºC at night. I love it and have got a nice tan. But everyone keeps telling me that in a few weeks it will become unbearable once the temperatures station at 48ºC during the day!!! That is hot...

After flying like a mad man during June I am now enjoying 7 days off at home. It was about time as I was about to collapse from jet lag and fatige. And for you to know how tired I am: I could have gone anywhere in the planet during this week off but could not imagine getting into a plane or transiting at airports!!! So I decided to stay at home and take it easy. Moreover I needed to unwind a bit, go to the beach, see sunsets and enjoy the gym (trim the fat).

For this month my flights are very boring. I have a quick one to Islamabad on the 6th at night (but am trying hard to swop it for more days off). On the 8th in the morning I fly again to Shanghai (4th time). 11 and 12 I have off and from 13th to 31st I go back to reserve, which means I will be jetting back and forth between Shanghai and New York. Not bad but tiring again. At least I love both cities and have already been to both a few times this year so all I do is walk, have nice dinners and enjoy life! Could I ask for more? :)

Tomorrow I will spend the day in Muscat with Miquel (flatmate from Barcelona) and Daniel (friend I met in Alicante). Oman is only 40 minutes away by plane and we plan to rent a car for the day to visit the city and surrounding beaches. Hope to see some nice sights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home