>>> Views from the Top <<<

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day

Today is Christmas and thank god I am in Dubai. From all the places where I have already spent this day away from family and old friends this has so far been the best. Why? Well, there is no Xmas spirit, no Xmas carrols, not even a holiday. Today was a normal day, as any other in the Persian Gulf. I went to the bank, to the laundry, supermarket and came home to rest! Tonight I have a flight to Doha (a mere 2 hour working day) and tomorrow another to Karachi (4 hours working day).

Got my roster for January already and I have the 1st and 2nd off, from the 3rd to the 7th a flight to Jakarta in Indonesia, than holidays until Jan 19th. Will try to change this flight to Indonesia for days off so I can go to Brazil earlier! Or stay a few days in Europe to see some friends. After my holidays I have RESERVE, which means staying at home and not knowing if I am going to be in Australia, New York or Ghana on the following day! :)

Just had some pasta with tomato sauce and tuna. How exciting! :) Anyway, just thought it would be nice to drop a few words to tell you how is it to spend Xmas in Dubai!

By the way, Miquel and I decided to do a little get together at our place on the 31st of December as nobody was making a move!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home