>>> Views from the Top <<<

Sunday, April 11, 2004

Happy Easter and Feliz Páscoa!!!

Even though it does not look like Easter at all here in Dubai (all Easter bunnies died with heat stroke and the chocolate eggs melted) I want to wish you all a very Happy and Peaceful Easter! Just got back from Casablanca and still feel totally jet lagged. At least have the whole week off to recover before heading east to Osaka! Nice life, hein?

...after a little nap...

Easter Sunday, back from Casablanca at 3 a.m. and did not get enough sleep, as usual. It does not matter at what time I go to bed, once the clock beats 10 or 11 a.m. I get up. Crazy!!! Than I feel like a zombi throughout the day and just talk bullshit with a funny accent and mixing up languages!!! Well, this is cabin crew life at its core!

Casablanca was a nice experience. Not much to do but an agreeable city. I stayed most of the time by the huge Hassan II mosque, by the sea, observing the Friday prayers and had some coffee at at café reading Le Monde and pretending I was a local! Felt good. However I am sure there are plenty of other much nicer places to visit in Morocco. Oh, had a typical dinner with the crew at night and there was a lady with candles on her head, more like the Swedish Santa Lucia than a Moroccan bedouin!

This week, from Monday 12 to Friday 16 I am off. How nice. Took up some career develpment courses though, to keep me busy and will try to get some rest before the Osaka trip on Saturday. It is such a pity that our layovers in Japan are now only 24 hours. This happens every time Emirates starts flying daily instead of only a few times a week. Of course I already bought a little guide about Osaka and will try to cram in as much as possible and eat all the sashimi and sushi that my yens can buy!

There are new pictures on http://www.foto.web.de/vfrare in the 11APR04 album. Have a look and let me know what you think and THANKS a lot for those who leave comments on the page. It is great to read them while I am away!!! Will definetly write more during the week as today I feel more like a ghost than a human being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home